Where we work
Fragility, conflict and security can support projects in any country affected by fragility, which is determined by societal, environmental, political, societal or security related factors in society. The OECD defines fragility as “… the combination of exposure to risk and insufficient coping capacity of the state, system and/or communities to manage, absorb or mitigate those risks”.
PRELIMINARY LIST OF COUNTRIES
- Colombia and Ecuador in South America
- Niger, Cameroon, Burkina Faso, DRC, Kenya and Somalia in Africa
- Iraq in the Middle East
- Pakistan and Afghanistan in South Asia
- Kiribati in the Pacific
Specific countries have been selected in liaison with IFIs based on their needs, but the project might expand to other African regions, South East Asia and the Pacific and the Caribbean.
MAIN DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS AND INITIATIVES
- World Bank FCV group
- World Bank Global Solutions Group on Stability, Peace, and Security
- Wildlife crime
- UNDP/UN Environment actions on FCV
- African Development Bank, Transition Support Department